Saturday, September 14, 2013

MOPS "A Beautiful Mess" Table Centerpieces

I started a new teaching job this fall.  It's totally part-time (just ten hours a week), but still.  I've been a stay-at-home mom for the past seven years.  In that time, so much in the education world has changed.  It has taken all my extra time and energy to keep up with lesson planning, common core standards, professional development, and a gradebook.  Something had to fall by the wayside!  I haven't been able to craft much these past six weeks.  I'm hoping that, as I adjust to working again, I'll get back into crafting. 
I've also been getting ready for the upcoming MOPS year!  The DGLs and I met to put together these table centerpieces for the 2013-14 theme, "A Beautiful Mess." 


We filled mason jars with all those little things that make our lives a beautiful mess: crayons, marbles, LEGOs, play-doh, hair accessories, beads, nail polish bottles, matchbox cars, and other random toys.  We used chalkboard labels on the front for our table names (Splendid Shambles, Fabulous Frenzy, Marvelous Mayhem, and Dazzling Disarray... all synonyms of a Beautiful Mess!).  For the tissue paper flowers, we used this tutorial.  I think they turned out super cute!  Can't wait 'til our first meeting on the 23rd!

1 comment:

  1. So cute! I am going to make a smaller version without the flowers for name place cards!

    ReplyDelete