Sunday, September 22, 2013

Kids' Passports (For Overcoming Shyness)

My older two kiddos both inherited a bit... or a LOT... of my shyness.  Both have a hard time speaking to adults whom they don't know well.  I thought they both should at least develop basic conversational skills, so when someone says "Hi," they will say "Hi" back.  Better yet, if someone asks them a question, they'll stop turning to me immediately, and instead answer the question.  I saw the idea somewhere to create passports for kids who trying to reach a goal.  Our goal?  To make the kids understand the importance--and the harmlessness--of conversation.  The passports have three pages, each with a prize at the end and space for ten stamps.  The prizes are simple: cookies, McDonald's, and a five-dollar bill.

Jack and Kate each picked out their own stamp to use on their passports.
Kate was all smiles after she had her cookie page filled up.

No comments:

Post a Comment