Sunday, June 9, 2013

The Girls' Princess Party Invitation

So, we threw the girls (4-year-old Kate and soon-to-be-2-year-old Maggie) a princess party yesterday.  Although, after going (probably) overboard for most of the kids' birthday parties in the past couple years, I really wanted to make this one simple.  No fancy decorations, no carefully thought-out themed foods, and no elaborate games.  Just a playground, pinata, some backyard games set up to use at leisure, a table of snacks, and a homemade vanilla cake with strawberry cream cheese frosting.  I did, however, create a fun little invitation.  My inspiration: this picture I found on Pinterest (but can't trace it to the source!):


Super cute, huh?  We borrowed several good-quality princess dresses from a friend and hung them on a clothesline in the courtyard of my husband's grandma's condo (the greenest spot in town!).  Set up a couple chairs, gave the girls some books, and took a million pictures, hoping at least one would turn out as magically as the inspiration photo.  We got one!


I fixed up the picture at Pixlr.com to make it into a birthday party invitation. 


I am a little sad that I couldn't take the time this year to put together a special party... but people had fun, and the hubs said last night that he liked that I was much less stressed than in years past. :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment