Tuesday, July 2, 2013

American Flag Applique T-Shirts

Our 4th of July shirts were inspired by this tutorial, which promises to take no more than 10 minutes to complete.  I used Wonder Under, like with all my applique, which isn't mentioned in the tutorial, so mine took a bit longer, but still.  These shirts for the girls I whipped up in maybe half an hour the other night.  And for Jack?  A matching tie applique on his red t-shirt.  I had a vision of taking their picture in the Radio Flyer in front of the nearby pecan orchard while they were eating ice cream cones... and it almost happened.  The possibility of mosquitoes never crossed my mind.  And, yet, as we were unloading the wagon from the back of the van at the orchard, we were absolutely attacked by the horrendous creatures!  Imagine me, yelling at the kids to get back in the van and close the windows, re-loading the wagon (which didn't fit well in the first place), and worrying about melting ice cream cones.  And now imagine me driving back home (only a couple houses away) with the back of the van open because I didn't want to take the time to wedge the wagon in the right way.  All the while slapping mosquitoes on my arms and listening to Kate's panicked cry.  Mother of the Year right here!  We ended up taking our pictures in front of the garage door.  And they still turned out super cute.


A close-up of the applique on the girls' shirts







No comments:

Post a Comment