Friday, May 24, 2013

Chalkboard-Paint Planters (as a Teacher Thank You Gift!)

Today is Jack's last day of kindergarten!  Of course the year has flown by.  As a thank-you gift to his teachers, I wanted to do something cute-yet-practical.  I've also been wanting to follow the chalkboard paint trend for quite awhile now.  So I picked up a couple terra cotta planters (about $2.47 at Home Depot) and some chalkboard paint (about $9.97, and I have plenty left over for future projects).  It only needed a couple coats to get the perfect black shine.  The planters took 48 hours to dry completely before we could use white chalk on them, and with that we just wrote a little "Thank You" and had Jack sign his name.  I filled them not with a plant but with a few little necessities: a pad of paper, pens, lotion, hand sanitizer, a small pack of tissue, and chocolate.  We'll deliver them today!





No comments:

Post a Comment