Thursday, December 27, 2012

"La Fleur" Playmat

I made this "La Fleur" playmat when Kate was a baby (after purchasing the pattern from this website).  I finished it right as she began crawling at eight months (of course!).  So, considering that fact, and all the effort I put into it, the playmat has never actually been a "playmat"... but a wall hanging instead.

Look at how cute Kate was!  Those eyes!



The playmat's actually had quite a journey.  We moved from California two-and-a-half years ago, and stopped in Idaho to visit my family for two months before coming to New Mexico.  Sometime during that trip, a jar of tahini burst open in the little trailer we were pulling behind the van and spilled on the playmat.  Try as I might, I never fully removed the stain.  And, since Kate's sharing a room with Jack, the playmat is hanging in Maggie's room for now.




No comments:

Post a Comment