Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Halloween

It's getting more and more difficult each year to make my kids' Halloween costumes. I suppose most of the reason why is that I have THREE of them now. (Poor Maggie, by the way, hardly even got a costume;I just put her in a pair of overalls and topped her off with a hat and a handkerchief around the neck for a "farmer" look.) In the middle of my costume-making frenzy for the other two kids, after a few hours planning, shopping, measuring, cutting, and sewing, I wondered why exactly I was making their costumes. Especially after seeing kids' costumes advertised for as little as ten bucks. I spent more than that on my materials! And... well, there really is no answer. I've just always made my kids' costumes... so why stop now? For the record, I found ideas for Jack's fireman costume at this Coolest Homemade Firefighter Costume Ideas website, and for Kate's Little Red Riding Hood costume at this eHow page. And I took all three of them, and our red wagon, to a nearby pecan grove in hopes of capturing a few good photos.





No comments:

Post a Comment